Unfortunately, employees sometimes encounter sexual harassment, discrimination or other workplace dilemmas. Because this happens at their place of work, employees often feel that they cannot rely on internal reporting channels without fear of retaliation. For intervention, they rely on outsiders, which can result in costly lawsuits, government investigations and negative publicity. Fortunately, HR Affiliates offers an alternative, the Please tell us…Employee HOTLINE.
How it’s used:
- 30 percent of calls received by the Please tell us…Employee HOTLINE are made by callers after their first complaints to their company were ignored.
- 50 percent of calls received by the Please tell us…Employee HOTLINE are received before or after normal business hours (before 8 a.m. or after 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).
- 75 percent of callers to the Please tell us…Employee HOTLINE give their name—a clear indication that the hotline allows callers to overcome the fear of retaliation.
Why You Need It:
- It increases early opportunities to discover, investigate and correct workplace problems before they turn into costly liabilities.
- It sends a strong message to the legal system that, in addition to your well-written policies and active training programs, every employee is provided with accessible reporting options.
- It alerts supervisors and non-supervisors alike that unacceptable workplace behavior is not tolerated. The HOTLINE tells employees that their misconduct is quickly and easily reported to senior management.
- It is a highly-probable affirmative defense mechanism recognized by the EEOC and U.S. Supreme Court.